1. The selection process of the MEXT Scholarship Program is as follows; (1) Document Screening, (2) Language Examination, (3) Interview and (4) Final Screening. Regarding detailed information of Language Examination or Interview, only successful candidates of the document screening will be contacted due to security reasons. The Embassy will never contact unsuccessful applicants at any steps.
2. Please be sure to thoroughly read through the Application Guidlines for Reserch Students (in English)
or Application Guidlines for Reserch Students (in Japanese)
before submitting the necessary documents for your application. In addition to this, you are strongly encouraged to use our Check Sheet
in preparing documents. Please be noted that the submission documents will not be returned.
3. Please submit the Health Certificate after passing the language examination.
4. Please note "MEXT Scholarship, Syria" in red color on the envelope that contains all necessary forms for application as well as use paper clips only, no staples.
All necessary documents in due form must be received by one of the following embassies via post before June 15th, 2018.
We do not accept e-mail attachments. Please note that, this year, you will be allowed to take the language examination at the embassy to which you submitted the all documents if you pass our document screening.
- The temporary office of the Embassy of Japan in Syria at Beirut, Serail Hill Area, Army St., Zokak El-Blat, Beirut, Lebanon
- The Embassy of Japan in Jordan, Building No.7, Between 5th & 6th Circles, Fa’eq Halazon Street, Zahran, Abdun Shamali, P. O. Box 2835, Amman 11181, Jordan
- The Embassy of Japan in Saudi Arabia, A-11 Diplomatic Quarter, P.O. Box 4095, Riyadh 11491, Saudi Arabia
- The Embassy of Japan in Egypt, 2nd Floor, 81 Corniche El Nil Street, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt / P.O.Box 500, Maadi
- The Embassy of Japan in Turkey, Japonya Buyukelciligi, Resit Galip Caddesi, No.: 81, G.O.P.., 06692, Cankaya, Ankara, Turkey
*The Embassy of Japan in Damascus do not accept the documents because its activities have been temporarily suspended.
6. The screening processes are subject to termination or change without notice considering the situation inside and outside Syria.