Study in Japan - Research Students
June 2, 2016
No.1) “The MEXT Scholarship for 2017 ~Research Students~” is opened to all post graduate and its equivalent.
No.2) You will never be able to expect the result. It is very important for you to submit all necessary documents, especially a quite excellent Research Program Plan, to show what you will study in Japan.
No.3) It is only the temporary office of the Embassy of Japan in Syria at Amman that can provide accurate information with regards to “the MEXT Scholarship for 2017 ~Research Students~ ”.
JAPANESE GOVERNMENT (MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT) SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2017 ~RESEARCH STUDENTS~
Research students program; the Japanese Government provides the Scholarship for post graduate students who intend to do research in Japan. Students will start studying in Japan as research students, and will be able to receive a master, moreover a doctor, at Japanese Universities in accordance with his/her research result in the future.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
(1) Syrian Nationals including Palestinian-Syrian
(2) Holders of Bachelor degree with a minimum average point on 70% (including graduates of academic year 2015/2016)
(3) Under the age of 35 (born after April 2nd, 1982)
(4) Fluent in English or in Japanese
- Applicants are advised to read “Guideline” and “Notes for Application” very carefully, and required to submit all necessary documents to the Embassies of the Japanese Government noted on No. 6 below. The application deadline is June 30th, 2016.
- Applicants will be required to take 4 steps to pass. Those are the Documentary Screening, Language Examination, Interview, these steps are conducted by the Embassy, and Final Screening conducted by the MEXT in Tokyo. Details regarding each step after the Documentary Screening will only be informed to successful applicants due to security reasons. Please note that the Embassy will never return submitted documents to applicants and will never contact failed applicants at any steps.
- Please submit the Health Certificate after passing the language examination.
- Please note "MEXT Scholarship, Syria" in red color on the envelope that contains all necessary forms for application.
- All necessary forms must be submitted by Post to an Embassy among the following list. You are advised not to send the forms to Damascus because the Embassy of Japan in Damascus was suspended.
Please note that, this year, 2016, you will be allowed to take the language examination at the Embassy to which you submitted the forms.
- The temporary office of the Embassy of Japan in Syria at Amman, Building No.7, Between 5th & 6th Circles, Fa’eq Halazon Street, Zahran, Abdun Shamali, P. O. Box 2835, Amman 11181, Jordan
- Embassy of Japan in Egypt, 2nd Floor, 81 Corniche El Nil Street, Maadi, Cairo, Egypt / P.O.Box 500, Maadi
- Embassy of Japan in Lebanon, Serail Hill Area, Army St., Zokak El-Blat, Beirut, Lebanon
- Embassy of Japan in Saudi Arabia, A-11 Diplomatic Quarter, P.O. Box 4095, Riyadh 11491, Saudi Arabia
- Embassy of Japan in Turkey, Japonya Buyukelciligi, Resit Galip Caddesi, No.: 81, G.O.P.., 06692, Cankaya, Ankara, Turkey
- The temporary office of the Embassy of Japan in Syria may terminate the screening process, or change the above process in accordance with the circumstances, without any notices with considering the situation inside and outside Syria. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Application forms & Information
2. Process and Schedule
3. Guideline ( English and Japanese )
4. Application Forms
(1) Application Form ( PDF or Word)
(2) Placement Preference Form ( PDF or Word)
Placement preference form; students who pass the Primary screening can only be allowed to contact the Universities in Japan. So you are just required to fill in the form, NOT to contact the Universities in Japan at the application stage.
(3) Field of Study and Study Program
(4) Recommendation Form
(5) Certificate of Health
(6) Check Sheet (English)
5. Application Forms Sample
(1) Application Form (English)
(2) Placement Preference Form (English)
Kindly note that you need to install Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.16 to view the files.
Qualifying Examinations for Applicants for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarships
The temporary office of the Embassy of Japan in Syria at Amman
This e-mail address is working only during the application period from June 2 to June 30, 2016. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.